воскресенье, 18 декабря 2016 г.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story non-spoilers review.


Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. This review will be non-spoiler, because I do not want to affect anyone, before seeing the movie, so I will just describe my feelings and non-spoiler related thoughts. 

Firstly, this is the best action-adventure movie this year. I am a big big Star Wars fan, I may consider myself that, because how personal I feel watching new Star Wars movies and much more, I just love it, it is half of my life. And as a fan I adore Rogue One. It is just the best. What a way to combine the galaxy together, add this story to New Hope, that we would appreciate it so much more, because very soon, after hundreds of hundreds of views, everyone would see this, (I would say episode, but it is a standalone), as an organic story, not even noticing that Rogue One was released decades later. 

Being a standalone means a lot. It doesn't have particular Star Wars saga episodes feel, but it certainly doesn't need to. It is as good, as it could have been, but I would love it much much more, say a decade later, just because right now I think of this movie as a brand new, but I would prefer see it as an all time settled part in the Star Wars timeline.

So far I wrote enough, but it is a tiny part of what this movie is worth to be told about. It is a different style of storytelling, pretty risky, but brave move. But as much as the studio wanted to separate a standalone with the saga, Rogue One still felt like a Star Wars movie. The music, effects, dialogs, lore, everything, even little cameos of known characters, some of them gave me chills and made me cry of happiness. 

The music by Michael Giacchino was not as good as John Williams's score, but it was good enough to say that this is Star Wars. It haven't got this unrepeatable feel, as saga films had, in terms of soundtrack, but still, Rogue One score is atmospheric and good. 

This is a war movie, it felt like a war movie all along, it was an amazing point of view for me to perceive the universe. There are a lot of new and interesting characters, they are all great. It is Jyn's story all the way, it is about her family, Erso's family. This is already enough said. The movie enjoyable at every part, I am so happy that battle scenes were as good as possible, but last twenty minutes are better than every war movie ever.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий