пятница, 23 декабря 2016 г.

Suicide Squad 2016 movie review.


Quite primitive script, lack of good dialogues, rare effective phrases some may even find cool and creative, cool pop music and unnecessary scenes just to add awesomeness is not an indicative of a good movie. It's not for everyone, based on the tone they used and direction they choose, but many people really enjoyed it, and I'm very happy for them. But, I'm afraid, at the second viewing, I fully realized the senselessness of this movie. I'd say it works as a collective view on the opening day, when fun exceeds the importance of good quality of the film. 

I completely agree here with critics, Suicide Squad is not a good film. It succeeds as an entertaining and focused on a very specific audience film. So I would not evaluate this movie as something serious. Because if I would, than by all means, this movie is trash. But due to the large number of people, who really like these kind of movies, including me, despite the fact that I prefer quality films, without pathos (and this is the part it reminds me of Transformers), Suicide Squad was very successful in financial terms. For a benefit of the movie adds also the fact that the characters themselves, however, turned out to be very well made. This project has a great potential in the future, but I would prefer a little more respect for simple movie fans and not wasting that potential next time. 

The story is very simple. Captured villains forced to go on a very dangerous operation, about which they know nothing. They have a good chemistry between each other.  So this whole idea to have the most crazy and dangerous people and meta-humans together works. 

The movie has flaws. The storytelling is very choppy and sketchy. Enough good directing still darkened by poor script. The villains are just not interesting and very ridiculous, especially brother's full CG look. This movie is for people, who doesn't mind this things and just has fun of this kind of tone and stories. The characters turned out great, even Joker. My favorite character is captain Boomerang. Simply because he has less pathos than anybody else. And Jai Courtney's performance is just wonderful. He is just a supporting character and had little screen time. May be this is why he worked so well for me.  

Overall, the movie is for a very special category of people. I personally do not like the tone and style of storytelling. The whole movie seemed to me too vague. Still it's obviously not the best movie this year. It is clearly worthy of such low ratings from critics.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий