четверг, 20 октября 2016 г.

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016) movie review


Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - continuation of the first Jack Reacher. Cruise loves to play these tough decent guys like Reacher. He likes to do this type of movies. At this time he is as in the last time works with already familiar director for him - Edward Zwick, who has worked with Cruise on "The Last Samurai"(2003).
I was expecting the great movie since the first Reacher was a very good movie, plus Zwick is known as a talented director and the trailers for the movie were just fantastic.

But something went wrong. I assume my expectations were too high to handle this average made film. And at this point I blame the trailers which made me so excited after my first look on it. They didn't just represent different tone and atmosphere of the movie but the genre which is just insane. 

The first 30 minutes of the movie are quite like the first one - making you loving Jack Reacher character. He is kicking ass and behaves like in the first movie. But then the story takes a complete different direction and turns up to be family road trip story, what is not what I wanted from the movie to be. And Reacher character changes a little trough the story. Cobie Smulders is good in the movie. I liked their with Reacher chemistry. Smulders is a really good action star. She handles all action sequences very well and acts during boring set pieces between the action. And it really was boring sometimes. 

The script is a very weakness of the movie. I heard about this problem before watching it and wanted to prove everybody wrong by enjoying the movie but critics were right - script and the story is reckless and just bad. Some dialogs are just stupid.
All good about this movie is action and pretty good performances from Cruise ( obviously) and Smulders. Their charisma makes some differences for the movie not to be trash. Action pretty like in the first one, but it was executed worse. Nothing disappoints me more about this movie than a miss-opportunity of this movie being greater than the first one. 

Overall I just can't call it a good movie. I love Tom Cruise and his performances even this one, but the film wastes his talent and doesn't give him even a good dialog. There is a development of his character but actually that was unnecessary for them to do. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий