среда, 18 января 2017 г.

Why La La Land is that good? Movie review.


I watched La La Land, when it was finally released, and I loved it, of cause I new I would love it, but I expected a slightly different movie. This film definitely tells about people's dreams and love, and how they combine everything together and decide what is in the best interests for them to do. And sometimes the choice is tough, and the reality is harsh. Even more so for dreamers like Mia and Sebastian, who love what they do, but not sure if they still can stand the failures. This movie is about struggle and love. And it touches such a familiar issue for me, about LA and its difficulties and pleasures, its rhythm and the soul of the town. The music in this movie is so brilliantly made, and songs, are so well performed, and they inspire, so you want to listen to them more and more.

Personally, I think that the musical genre is not common now, these movies are rarely made, and most of them disappoint by their quality, but La La Land is a masterpiece of a film. I can not believe what passion and how much soul did Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone and Damien Chazelle gave to this project. They took this film so seriously, that now they totally deserve the reaction of the world this movie has. I personally love how Damien conveyed the feel and atmosphere of the city of Los Angeles to the audience, now I will appreciate this movie just for that feeling. 

I am a big fan of Ryan Gosling, I want to devote him this little part and say that he was magnificent and brilliant( of cause as well as Emma). But Ryan did something exceptional - he played all the piano scenes himself with one shot, and consider, that he never did play that good before, so he spent two or so hours a day, preparing for shooting. This is an exceptional job, and pieces of music he played were very complex. Dancing and singing scenes took great effort too, as they were shot with long takes, and overall idea of this movie required some extraordinary talent from actors to portray their characters.  

Generally speaking, this movie leaves a wonderful feel after viewing. It remind us of happiness and the importance of those ,whom we love and encourages to keep struggling for the dream and never give up. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий