суббота, 28 января 2017 г.

Manchester by the sea (2016) movie review. Casey Affleck's best role.


This is that movie, that I was looking forward for month. Not only because I love great movies, but also because of the buzz about Casey Affleck's performance. I was thinking, if he is that good, as everyone was saying, and finally I watched it myself, and now I understand - it is the best performance of the year.

This is such a great drama. It combines wonderful script, directing, performing, sense of life and its reality, and this is just a beautifully shot film. One thing, that I appreciate the most in that movie - is Casey Affleck's  performance. I felt his character, I experienced his emotions with him, and that is what performances are about - to make the audience feel the character. 

The one thing I want to mention is Kenneth Lonergan's work as a director. He just made this film work as a whole. To connect all these pieces in one movie, especially in this one, is a very difficult task, so I fully support Kenneth Lonergan for his Oscar nomination. Because without him, this movie wouldn't even see the light, and Casey's performance would have been buried somewhere deep, and no one would have seen it. 

The story is a little simple. It doesn't have a lot of surprises, except one, which wasn't even a surprise, but a huge shock and at that moment I understood, that this movie, made with a lot of effort, deserves a recognition at every award show this year, this is one of the best simple life drama of the year of 2016. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий