пятница, 20 января 2017 г.

New Logan trailer and synopsis released.

It has been a long time after the first Logan trailer, but everyday promos made us very excited about this new Wolverine movie, which will tell old Logan's story. 


I loved the first trailer, thought for the time, that it was the best trailer of 2016, and literally speaking it is the best trailer of that year, but for me, I prefer Guardians of the Galaxy second trailer with its awesomeness and fun to harsh Logan tone, nevertheless the first Logan trailer is a piece of art, this Johnny Cash music and the feel of it was amazing and touching to tears, I felt the pain and sadness, exactly the way trailers are supposed to thrill and excite. 

But this one didn't strike me as a masterpiece trailer, some would say that it is, but the point is - I focused on what was in the story and didn't look for awesomeness, which I found, rewatching it time after time. Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart made this long to this moment, when not just their characters are iconic, but themselves they are so bond with them, that we couldn't see anyone else in those roles, because for us - they are Professor X and Wolverine. And now, this is their last movie, and they conclude this universe with their character's story, full of pain and drama. 

This story is particularly great, because of the premise of The Last of Us (game), road trip with the three of them and, of cause, realistic bloody western Wolverine movie. That is what we have got, as of right now. I liked and rewatched this trailer because of three things: I love Hugh Jackman in this role, his work impresses me and I want more and more of him as the Wolverine, and I like the tone and the atmosphere of Logan's movies, his character is one of the best ever, we will remember Hugh Jackman's Wolverine for decades, speaking only good things, and not remembering some flaws, which happened to be. Second, I likes the story. For me this premise is perfect, and I hope that it will be executed perfectly, because I feel like they chose this script to impress us last more time with the ultimate story they kept for years for the right time, which is now. I believe that this is going to be the best of the trilogy and the best of any X-men movies, even Days of the Future Past(2014), and it was so great that no one ever sad, that the new cast didn't work. Third, this is a damn good trailer. The music, the story, the sense it made, made me feel good, actually I disliked only that scene with comics, I don't think that it fits into that tone, may be it is a set up for Deadpool appearance, which will not happen. 

Overall, that was a good marketing campaign. They started the fire so big, that everyone is aware of this movie coming out, so another round of applause for people in Fox, who decided and pooled this off again, as they did it last year with Deadpool, which was a giant hit. There are two questions unanswered: will Logan be great? and will Logan beat Deadpool in the box-office? I would say, that it won't. Just because Deadpool was such an event, and no one saw that before, but with Logan it is a different situation, because some people will decide to skip this just another superhero movie. And if it's great, I will be ultimately happy, that is just how I feel about it. And watch the international addition of this trailer as well, it adds, oddly, some scenes, and one in particular with Patrick Stewart, just in the end, that line he sad, stunned me, it is worth checking out. And actually this trailer version is filled with some f-words, which domestic cut didn't show, surprise. 
And this poster is sweet. March is near.

Another story is the synopsis, revealed by Hugh Jackman on twitter: 
In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hide out on the Mexican border. But Logan's attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are up-ended when a young mutant arrives, being pursued by dark forces.




https://twitter.com/RealHughJackman/status/819883222138023941/photo/1
It basically tells us that Logan is hiding as he did in The Wolverine(2013) and he is in pain, lost his purpose, but now he cares for his old friend and mentor Charles Xavier, who is f-ing 90, and everything is very dramatic and dark, it is going to be a realistic movie, with a unique tone. One of my most anticipated movies of the year, so great, can't wait.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий