вторник, 24 января 2017 г.

Why Him? Movie review


Why Him? A dark comedy about parents meeting the boyfriend of their daughter. And, from the first impression, this is going to be a mess, because that boyfriend is a complete disaster for the family. But the daughter loves him, and now the Boyfriend (James Franco), who is a very bizarre millioner, tries to earn the approval of the father to marry the daughter. So it becomes a fight between the father (Bryan Cranston) and the boyfriend, filled with a lot of dark humor. 

The humor actually was always good enough, but there were too much of it, and somewhere in the middle of the film it became boring, and sometimes I just didn't laugh, because the jokes were the same and very similar. And the film has flaws, it is just a poor 'meet the parents' movie. 

That being said. There are some good moments. And the comedy must bring those moments, or it would be a disaster. The last act of the movie was just too long and boring, the pacing was not good, I felt like it was a very spoiled story, but the script was not that bad, maybe just executed poorly. 

The only huge disappointment for me was Bryan Cranston. I expected so much more, then just a cliched character. And I simply felt not comfortable with some scenes, and expected so much more from this movie, and it kind of annoyed me in the end. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for non-stop laughs and jokes, but I think, that this movie didn't quite achieve, what it was in the first place. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий