воскресенье, 13 ноября 2016 г.

Robert Redford retiring from acting.




Robert Redford, whose acting career lasts nearly 55 years, said that he will retire from acting after last two movies. “I’m getting tired of acting. I’m an impatient person, so it’s hard for me to sit around and do take after take after take. At this point in my life, age 80, it’d give me more satisfaction because I’m not dependent on anybody. It’s just me, just the way it used to be, and so going back to sketching—that’s sort of where my head is right now.  So, I’m thinking of moving in that direction and not acting so much.” Redford said.
He became popular on his projects in the sixties: Inside Daisy clover(1965), This Property is Condemned(1966), Barefoot in the Park (1967) and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid(1969).
After the last two projects: Our Souls at Night and Old Man with a Gun Redford thinks to devote himself entirely to directing. He said: “Once they’re done then I’m going to say, ‘Okay, that’s goodbye to all that,’ and then just focus on directing,”.

Also Redford wasn't always wanted to be an actor and was more inclined for directing.
“I started out as an artist when I was 18 or 19 years old. I wanted to get out of this country and experience different ways of seeing the world. So I went to Europe, but I went as an artist. I was increasing my skill set and exploring storytelling through painting. Doing that, I realized how much I loved it. Later, when I became an actor, I suffered for four or five years not being sure I wanted to be in that business because I so wanted to be an artist. I just wanted to paint and sketch and tell stories by drawing. Then I realized: why can’t I combine the two?—which led me to be a director,” he relayed. 
His directorial debut was the film Ordinary People(1980), which won the Oscar for best picture. He explained it like that: “I didn’t know the technical language of film-making, so I said, ‘Okay, I’m going to do my own storyboard,’ because I had to explain to the crew and the technical people what I wanted. I knew what I wanted it to look like, so I would sit down and draw it for the cameraman or the production designer. Once I did that I realized: I’m not losing the artist side of me. I’m pulling it together with the performing side,”.
A true artist is talented in everything: art, acting, directing. Also Redford will continue to support independent films with his Sundance Film Festival.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий