суббота, 4 февраля 2017 г.

James Cameron has finished scripts for all new four Avatar sequels. And his thoughts on future of the Terminator.

Legendary writer and director James Cameron already finished four new Avatar scripts, and ready to start shooting in August. 
He was asked about his focus on Avatar 2, and here is his reply:
"The thing is, my focus isn’t on Avatar 2. My focus is on Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 equally. That’s exactly how I’m approaching it. They’ve all been developed equally. I’ve just finished the script to Avatar 5. I’m now starting the process of active prep. I’ll be working with the actors in the capture volume in August, so I’m booked in production every day between now and then. Our volume is up and running, and everything is designed, and so we’re going full-guns right now. I feel like I’ve been let out of jail, because I’ve been in the writing cave for the last two years. I’m actually enjoying life. I don’t enjoy writing. I wouldn’t wish writing on a dog."
I love his comment on his way of working, and I think that he is a revolutionary filmmaker. The thing with Avatar is that it will never make as much money, as it did in 2009 and 2010. Only, if Cameron will market the hell out of this new sequel. Actually, his movies are always such a huge event, so I wouldn't be surprised, if it will beat some movies in Top 10 of the most grossing films of all time.

Cameron also talked about future of the Terminator franchise: if it was hijacked, and if it is relevant to make another one nowadays:
It hasn’t been hijacked. It’s really just stumbled along, trying to find its voice again. There’s probably some degree to where it’s lost relevance, you know? Maybe the things that made it good back then are kind of a yawn now. It’s easy to remember fondly the things that kick off a franchise. It’s hard to keep a franchise vigorous, and relevant. I haven’t had my hand on the tiller since Terminator 2, and that was 1991. So what’s that? Twenty-six years? But look, I think it’s possible to tell a great Terminator story now, and it’s relevant. We live in a digital age, and Terminator ultimately, if you can slow it down, is about our relationship with our own technology, and how our technology can reflect back to us—and in the movie, literally, in a human form that is a nemesis and a threat. But also in those movies, in the two that I did, it’s about how we dehumanize ourselves. In a time when people are being absorbed by their virtual-social world, I mean, just look around. I always say: if Terminator was about the war between the humans and the machines, look around any restaurant or airport lounge and tell me the machines haven’t won when every human you see is enslaved to their device. So could you make a relevant Terminator film now? Absolutely.
Great comments. Correct as always, but I am afraid, that Cameron will be too busy to take over and direct a new one, as soon as the rights will be returned to him. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий